Hello everyone. Please come down and enjoy a wonderful slice of homemade cake and a cup of tea today to support the wonderful cause that is Macmillan Cancer Care. 🙂
Catch up over a cuppa, enjoy some gorgeous treats – and the money we raise on 27th September 2016 will help us make sure no one has to face cancer alone. The team here at Mawsley Dental Clinic will be holding our coffee morning on Tuesday 27th September from 10.30am to 13.00pm. Mawsley is extremely excited and happy to help a very worthy cause to raise money in support off cancer research. Hope to see you all there. have a wonderful week. Caroline Mann Business Manager
26th November 2014
I’d like to inform my patients that after careful consideration I decided to move on in my career and resign my position at Mawsley Dental Clinic.
The reason for my departure is that I miss my family back in Poland and I decided to set up private practice there.
I’d like to wish all the best in the future for all my patients who put their trust in my hands. I’m sure one of my colleagues will take great care of you.
I would like to express my gratitude to Alison and all the team at Mawsley Dental Clinic for the opportunity to work with a great and supportive team in a modern environment for over the last four years. I will always keep you in my mind.
Mouth Cancer Awareness Month
1st – 31st November 2014
Do you know how common Mouth Cancer is?
- In the UK 38,000 people are living with a diagnosis of head and neck cancer.
- Around 60,000 people in the UK will be diagnosed with mouth cancer over the next decade.
Are you aware of the signs and symptoms of Mouth Cancer?
- A sore or ulcer in the mouth that does not heal within three weeks.
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue, or lining of the mouth.
- Difficulty in swallowing.
- Difficulty in chewing or moving the jaw or tongue.
- Numbness of the tongue or other area of the mouth.
- A feeling that something is caught in the throat.
- Neck swelling present for more than three weeks.
- Unexplained persistent earache.
*This list is not exhaustive.
Reduce your chances by……
- Not smoking or chewing tobacco, gutkha/paan
- Limiting alcohol consumption.
- Having a healthier low meat, low fat diet, rich in vegetables and fruit with servings of bread, cereals or beans every day.
- A high proportion of oropharyngeal cancers in non-smokers and younger adults have been associated with HPV.
It is of upmost importance to regularly attend your routine dental appointments that will include mouth cancer screening.
Speak to your Dentist or our reception team for more information.
1st July 2014
I would like to let all my patients know that considerable thought and introspection I have decided to resign my position at Mawsley Dental Clinic. I must tell you it was not an easy decision to make.
My reason for my departure is that I felt the need to return to India with my family . I had to do this while my children were young so it would not affect their education in anyway.
I would like to express my gratitude to Alison and all at Mawsley Dental Clinic for the wonderful opportunity you provided over the last seven and a half years. I also greatly enjoyed working with such a supportive and dynamic team.
While I am excited by the plans I have made, I will always remember my time at Mawsley with great fondness.
I would like to extend a huge thanks to the whole team at Mawsley Dental Clinic and all my wonderful patients who I had the opportunity to treat since January 2007.
Dr. Abraham Varghese BDS, MFDS RCS(Eng)
This Friday we are having the front door fixed in the clinic and therefore patients will be diverted through the doctor’s surgery next door into our clinic. There will be clear diversions; this is just to make you aware if you have an appointment on Friday 20th December with us.
All the staff have been busy bringing in Halloween decorations to give the clinic a spooky Halloween appeal!
Remember to look after your teeth this Halloween, and especially the children. Here are five fool proof tips to keep cavities at bay: